Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Some joke about 'stacks'.

Gamekeeper-turned-poacher (or rather professional script reader who's now making his way writing his own stuff) Danny Stack has started up a blog, and a cracker it is too, with plenty of inside info on what film companies are actually looking for in scripts - so have a look at what he says, and remember, unlike most people wittering on about scripts, Danny knoweth wherof he speaks. He also has a very nice Irish accent, so if you read it in a sort of lilt, you'll enjoy it even more.

Music for Moomins: new Sigur Ros tour dates. Me and PP are going to see them, so all of you should as well. Heard a new 'un off the forthcoming 'Takk' album, and it's lovely - verging on the poppy if such a thing can be imagined.

I put Danny's blogs under 'blogs' to the right, and now I think I should have put it under 'writing'. Life is too complicated. I took the link to Orbyn's site down, as it's finally dropped off the net, but Orby, if you start again, let me know. You gave good link.

9 comments:

patroclus said...

James, yer tour date link isn't working. So here it is for anyone who's interested.

James Henry said...

Oops - amended now, ta.

Danny Stack said...

Tanks for the link. Be gorrah, be gorrah, to be sure, to be sure...

James Henry said...

Yes, I'm regretting the 'lilt' comment already, apologies. I just like knowing how people talk when I read their stuff. Apart from William Gibson. Neuromancer now reads to me like it was written by Loyd Grossman after a particularly heavy spliff.

At least I got the accent right. One Irish friend of mine I knew for five years before it turned out he was actually Scottish.

patroclus said...

Neuromancer now reads to me like it was written by Loyd Grossman after a particularly heavy spliff.

Maybe they should have Loyd record some choice excerpts from Neuromancer to play to the tourists in the Covent Garden Tube lifts. That'll confuse 'em.

Danny Stack said...

I like lilt. For that totally tropical taste. Mmmm.

Anonymous said...

James are you familiar with a swedish electronic band in the same vein as SR called Mum? I highly recommend their album "summer make good" had it on last night whilst in a state of A level results induced insomnia.

James Henry said...

I've got that very album - very very good. I'm also getting into some more singer/songwritery stuff like Sophie Zelmani and Anna Ternheim. There should still be some stuff up at www.womenfolk.net - well worth a listen.

In fact, I'll put womenfolk on the music bit of m'blogroll.

Anonymous said...

Ah excellent! I love weeping rock, rock.

Kalista is now the proud owner of two A's and a C! Hope any other fellow A level students did well!!!