Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Off the grid

I can't get to my Falmouth internets at the moment (I'm in a little cafe round the corner, it's very nice).

BT tell me it's not the line, my ISP provider say it's not them, Apple tell me it's not the laptop, I've changed the phone filter, downstairs have a different phone line.

I can only assume it's goblins.

Anyway, in the unlikely event that anyone's trying to hold of me today (there's a few things bubbling under), they'll have to use the phone (preferably the landline as the mobile only works if I hang out of the window). Tomorrow I'm back up London, so I can pick up messages in the afternoon when I get there.

Bloody goblins.

5 comments:

Sylvia said...

I hope that you are united with your messages. I tend to hyperventilate if I'm parted from the two or so messages I receive every day, mainly from Lidl I have to say, but they're mine all the same....

Mangonel said...

Had you considered checking your modem management software folder for BLOODY ENORMOUS oil well data files dumped there by accident by your Significant Other?

That's what did for me, last time.

James Henry said...

Not that I tend to panic when I'm cut off from the internet or anything...

Systems scan reveals a disappointing lack of oil well data files. I think it's the line, but I'm up in london now, so my flatmate can jolly well sort it out.

She won't though.

Johanna said...

I find internet detox quite refreshing sometimes. Although if you need it for work, not so good.

Anonymous said...

"as the mobile only works if I hang out of the window"

Yay Orange!