Friday, November 06, 2009

'CAMPUS" Comedy Showcase tonight, C4, 10pm

So, yes, 'Campus' on tonight. For those few I haven't managed to annoy via Twitter, this is the Comedy Showcase myself and some of the other Green Wing writers were working on, being a one-off half hour comedy set in a university, produced (and I think directed) by Dame Victoria Pile. If it goes down well, it might get a series.

Most of the previews seem to be writing it up as 'Green Wing in a university', which we're supposed to tut at, but at this stage it pretty much is Green Wing in a university. If we get a series, we can hopefully evolve it a bit more.

I'll be watching it for the first time tonight (possibly with in-laws, eep), which is always a bit of a nerve-shredding experience, but I think it's better to watch these things in context rather than at a screening, because you can be a bit more objective. As far as I know, I've only got one scene in it (from the previews, it sounds like it might even be the very first scene*), but other than that, I don't really know what'll be in it, as like Green Wing, the scripts contained about an hour and half's worth of material, and some of the cast are improvising a bit as well, so when it's all cut down to twenty-three minutes, the chances are very little of it is recognizable.

So anyway, yes, Channel 4, 10pm tonight.

*gnaws fingernails*

*Fay and Ori have the first scene apparently. Cuh.



UPDATE: because people were asking, I'm pretty sure it will be available on 4oD after the event. Will put up details when I find out, because then people could, if they wanted, watch it again. Four or five times. Also I accept that some people actually go out on a Friday night, MAD THOUGH THIS SOUNDS.

16 comments:

nuttycow said...

Good luck!

Vicus Scurra said...

But it clashes with "Derek Acorah's Quest for Guy Fawkes" on Living 2, "Mortal Kombat II" on ITV4, "Animal Cops Detroit" on Animal Planet, "Michael Jackson: The Live Seance" (Acorah again!) on Sky 1 and "Drag Racing" on Eurosport.
What is a chap to do?

James Henry said...

If it helps, I can confirm that Mortal Kombat II is rubbish.

Suspect we might lose a few to the insane MJ Seance though. Still, there's always 4oD!

Boz said...

I have it set to record. I shall be enjoying the experience ins time-shift stylee. I *am* a Timelord.

Which I suppose would be a GayTimeLord in this instance.

I shall be thinking of you.

Hannah said...

Lacking a television at the moment, I'm relying on 4oD for this one! I am very, very excited for it.

And to be honest, if it does remain Green Wing in a university, I really don't think I'll be complaining. Originality is fun, but Green Wing was wonderful so I will be watching either way I think!

nanga parbat said...

Relax; it'll be ACES!

Cannot WAIT! Squeeeeeee!

wv = preth; another word for newthpaperth

Maud said...

Will it be on 4od?

Anonymous said...

fay has first scene with a few lines from me x

Ellie said...

Y'awl must be so proud -- it's very exciting!

Anonymous said...

I reared up like a porpoise? LOLlerskates!

Unknown said...

Yes, it's highly likely to be on 4OD.

Eleanor said...

I enjoyed it!
Now to track down 4oD so I can watch it again. :)

Anonymous said...

goes out again 11.30 on thursday

James Henry said...

Fay wrote the 'reared up like a porpoise' line, which is my favourite thing out of all the good things she's ever written.

Adrian Pegg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

just stumbled on this on 4od. brilliant. please get the series.