Sunday, November 08, 2009

No Signal

Just in case anyone tries to get me on the mobile this week, it's switched off, because there practically no reception in this part of the Highlands. Which did lead to this slightly frustrating answerphone message:

PHONE: Hello, this is (static) from BBC Drama, (static) to say that (static) commission! So that's good! Let's (static) and then- (phone cuts out entirely).

Finally worked out it was a commission for a second script for my 18th century adaptation thing, three huzzahs! I suspect it being a second script commission rather than an entire commission meant they looked at it and thought 'I like it, but it's not necessarily what we were expecting, so let's give him another go to show he's not making it up as he goes along'. But oh, I am NOT making it up as I go along! (unusually). And the second episode is going to be meaty and awesome like a lovely Beef Steak Stew from Cawdor Tavern (highly recommended).

Sleep now.

1 comment:

Boz said...

But, wait.. I thought the whole point of writing was making it up as you go along.

Enjoy the cold North..