Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Delivery Man

I haven't done this blog for ages! Poor thing, I have neglected you.

Anyways, I'm surfacing, because to everyone's surprise, including my own, I seem to be co-writing a sitcom that is actually going into production. IN PRODUCTION! It is this one: The Delivery Man, and filming starts in November, to be shown on ITV sometime in Spring next year. It stars, amongst others, Darren Boyd, who I've written for in Smack The Pony and Green Wing but never actually met, so that'll be fun.

There is an actual production office and everything. Look, here is a prop!


Next week there is a full table read of the first three scripts. Which means I am going to be in a room with other people. SCARY.

6 comments:

Danothebaldyheid said...

Hooray!

Danny Stack said...

Woo!

(instead of just leaving a Twitter reply, and blog comments are all like, 'what's up with that?')

P.M.Newton said...

Love everything about the sound of this show. And Darren Boyd taking the lead is just the cherry on top.

Have a great table read!

James Henry said...

Thanks for nice words! Yes, it's all quite exciting.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Congratulations, very exciting and well deserved. Keep us posted...

Boz said...

Now. I'm just going to be the one to say this. Are you sure you are in a production office? Are there lots of people in white sort of coats around? Have you been offered pills, a nice lie down and a tight-ish sort of bed jacket..?

(Just teasing - this is brill and exciting news.)